For each module, after detailed instructions during the face-to face kick-off session, participants are required to complete a series of online, self-directed learning activities to be prepared for the face-to-face return session.
Get access to the "Online resources"!
Each participant should:
- Review the Online resources section: The online resources cover basic aspects of renal anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology.
- Take the self-assessments (quizzes): The assessments are designed to evaluate one’s own understanding of each module. They are available from the "Online resources" section.
- Read annotated articles: The articles have been annotated with definitions, animations, and other content in order to clarify key concepts. . The articles will provide critical background for completing the groups' assignments.
- Use the forums: The website provides a number of forums to encourage dialogue between participants (“peer teaching”) and interaction with tutors. Each annotated article (ABL) has its own forum that should be used to post specific questions related the article.
- Complete groups' assignments: In this activity, participants will work in groups of 5-6 persons and each group will be assigned one of the papers as well as some tasks to complete. Groups' activity report will have to be presented during the face-to-face session.
- Study clinical cases: Each participant should explore interactive clinical cases and answer the questions asked throughout each case. The cases will provide critical background for completing the groups assignments.